Wednesday, July 02, 2008

BlueCat

Well hey.

How about that.

The D Line made it into the quarterfinals at BlueCat.

I’m no mathematician, but from a glance it looks like about 15% of the “more than 2700” scripts entered made it.

I’m not expecting producers to be scrambling to set up meetings with me and a bidding war to begin, but I won’t pretend to be so cool that I wasn’t excited to see my script listed.

Feels good to have made the first cut of my first screenplay competition.

Might use this as an opportunity to check in with the contacts I've sent it to, see if there's been any movement on it.

And it motivates me to hustle along on this action script – which actually has been going along pretty well the last few days during lunchtime writing sessions…

5 comments:

deepstructure said...

congratulations! patrick rodio also made the cut. i'm envious - i just plain missed submitting my script. best of luck going forward with it!

149films said...

Good job man! That script got me listening to Joe Zawinul. That's how fucking good it is. It better be in the QuarterFi's.

Tavis said...

Nicely done.

japhy99 said...

Thanks folks. Good to see Pat and Kid Sis made it too!

Patrick J. Rodio said...

Sweetness! Congrats! We're rockin'