Friday, August 31, 2007

Grrrr. Then, Ahhhh.

Grrrr.

Starting tomorrow, it will be illegal to reincarnate in Tibet without the permission of the Chinese government.

I would be laughing hysterically right now if I weren’t so pissed off.

The superficial silliness of this new law belies more evil intent by the Chinese government. With this law in place, when HH the Dalai Lama dies and reincarnates, the Chinese government will be able to legally imprison the new Dalai Lama –- if he chooses to reincarnate in his homeland.

This way they’ll be able to do what they did with the last Panchen Lama -– whom they kidnapped and imprisoned when he was six years old in 1995. They then of course named their own Panchen Lama. Who, interestingly, seems to be very complimentary about the Chinese government’s handling of Tibet.

Fucking makes me go fucknuts.

Hey Greg, you have some pull over there. Can you talk to these people please?


Okay, let’s end with good stuff. HHDL would like that.


Today is my son’s second birthday and my father’s 69th birthday. We’re gonna have a kickass pizza-and-waterslide party tomorrow. Wanna come?

Recently, as I write, I’ve been mainly listening to two stations on iTunes radio: Ambient Popsicle from Groovera and Secret Agent on SomaFM. Check ‘em out.

But right now I’m listening to Art Pepper’s The Trip record. Great simple-and-beautiful jazz.

Currently reading Right Livelihoods by Rick Moody. Though it sounds Buddhist, it’s not. It’s a collection of three novellas and the first one is fantastic –- quietly funny and loopy about a retired guy who lives on a posh island and believes he’s uncovered an international plot to take over the island… though he’s not about to let that get in the way of his drinking or his dancing with driftwood sticks on the beach. Love it.

(If I were good at making links, I’d do so to make it easier for you to find these things. But I’m not. Sorry.)

Teen daughter comes home tonight. Baby daughter slept curled on my chest like a walnut half for two hours last night.

Feeling better. Ahhhh...

4 comments:

ASA said...

Just hope the new Dalai Lama doesn't come back as a set of shitty Chinese made tires.

One of them just came off my wife's car when she was doing 60 down the 101 this morning. A little peeved, too, today, my friend...She's okay, thank god.

Joe said...

Gotta love Rick Moody - I highly recommend his first short story collection "The Ring of Brightest Angels around Heaven." You might also be interested in a 2006 documentary by filmmaker Rick Ray called "10 Questions for the Dalai Lama."

Adam Renfro said...

Holy cripes. Did the Chinese get this idea from Minority Report?

glassblowerscat said...

Happy birthdays to your family.

I couldn't figure out why you were bringing up this reincarnation law until I remembered you were a follower of the Buddha. Damn those Chinese terrorists.

The way you do links is thusly:

<a href="http://insertwebaddresshere">and then type your text here</a>

I hope that shows up right in your comments section. Here goes.